Congratulations! Junhao Stampings Company, one division of Balford Mechatronics Co.,Ltd. got order for motor housing from Unimotor in 2014, which means starting the long-term cooperation with this world's first-class automobile motor provider. Unimotor, a Four Seasons company and ...Read More →
Among the four major processes, stamping is very important. In the stamping process, the quality of the stamping die is a very important process. It often stops production due to the failure of the blanking die, which affects the quality of the blanking parts and the production cycle. In addition to the process of stamping die production, the material is also a very important part, and the stamping die material is the key to prolonging its service life. The following is the editor of Zhejiang Baifudu Electromechanical to introduce some common stamping die manufacturing materials. .
The materials for producing stamping parts include high-speed steel, carbon tool steel, alloy tool steel, cemented carbide, steel-bonded cemented carbide, zinc-based alloy, low melting point alloy, aluminum bronze, polymer materials, etc. At present, many materials are used for stamping dies. for steel.
1. Carbon tool steel
Carbon tool steels such as T8A and T10A are used for stamping dies, which are characterized by good workability and low price; but poor hardenability and red hardness, large heat treatment deformation, and low bearing capacity.
2. Low alloy steel
Low-alloy steel is based on carbon tool steel, adding an appropriate amount of alloying elements. Compared with carbon tool steel, the quenching deformation tendency is small, the hardenability is good, and the wear resistance after quenching is good. The low alloy steel used for stamping parts is CrWMn.9Mn2V. 7CrSiMnMoV (code CH-1). 6CrNiSiMnMoV (code GD), etc.
3. High carbon-high chromium tool steel
Cr12 and Cr12MoV. Cr12Mo1V1 (code D2) is a common high carbon and high chromium tool steel with good hardening properties and minimal heat treatment deformation. They are highly wear-resistant, slightly deformed die steels, second only to high-speed steels in bearing capacity. But the carbide segregation is serious and must be upsetting repeatedly (axial upsetting). Through forging, the non-uniformity of carbides can be reduced and the service performance can be improved.
4. Medium chromium high carbon tool steel.
High-carbon medium-chromium tool steels are mainly Cr4W2MoV, Cr6WV and other Cr5MoV, etc., which have low chromium content, uniform carbide distribution, small heat treatment deformation, good hardenability, and good processing dimensional stability. The results show that the performance is improved compared with the high carbon and high chromium steel with a larger degree of carbide segregation.
5. High-speed steel
Among high-speed steels, it has the highest hardness, wear resistance, high compressive strength and high bearing capacity. W18Cr4V (code 8-4-1), tungsten W6Mo5Cr4V2 (code 6-5-4-2), Japanese trademark SKH51, American brand M2) and 6W6Mo5Cr4V (code 6W6, also known as low carbon M2) for toughness enhancement .
6. Basic steel
Adding a small amount of other elements to the basic composition of high-speed steel and appropriately increasing the carbon content can improve the performance of the steel. Such steels are collectively referred to as base steels. It not only has high wear resistance and hardness, but also has better fatigue strength and toughness than high-speed steel. It is a high toughness cold work die steel with lower material cost than high speed steel. The basic steels commonly used in stamping dies are 6Cr4W3Mo2VNb (code 65Nb), 7Cr7Mo2V2Si (code LD), 5Cr4Mo3SiMnVal (code 012Al), etc.
7. Carbide and steel bonded cemented carbide.
Carbonization has higher hardness and wear resistance, but poor bending strength and toughness. Tungsten-cobalt alloys are used as cemented carbides for molds. For molds with low impact and high wear resistance, cemented carbide with low cobalt content can be selected. For impact dies, carbides with high cobalt content can be used.
Steel-bonded cemented carbide is sintered by powder metallurgy with a small amount of alloying element powder (such as chromium, molybdenum, tungsten, vanadium, etc.) as the binder and titanium carbide or tungsten carbide as the hard phase. Steel-bonded cemented carbide is based on steel, which overcomes the disadvantages of poor toughness and difficult processing of cemented carbide, and can be cut, welded, forged and heat treated. Steel-bonded cemented carbides contain more carbides. The hardness and wear resistance of steel-bonded cemented carbide after quenching are poor, but the hardness is high, up to 68-73HRC.
The above is the content related to stamping die manufacturing materials. The manufacturing cost of stamping dies is high, and the general die cost accounts for 1/4-1/5 of the total cost of stamping parts. The cost of a trimming is more than 70% of the original mold cost, or the mold life is close. If the mold repair process is too complicated, the mold repair cost is too high, and the difficulty is high, the maintenance cycle will be too long, which will seriously affect the normal production of stamping parts. Hope the above content can be helpful to readers.Read More →
1. How to reduce the damage of metal stamping parts
1. The model, specification and function of hardware accessories should conform to the current national scale and relevant regulations, and match the selection of plastic steel doors and windows.
2. For sliding windows with a width of more than 1 meter or doors and windows with double glazing, double pulleys or moving pulleys should be set.
3. The sliding brace hinge shall not use aluminum alloy material, but stainless steel material.
4. When installing hardware with fastening screws, there must be a metal lining plate inside, and the thickness of the lining plate should be at least twice the pitch of the fasteners. It must not be fastened to plastic profiles and must not be lined with non-metallic materials.
5. The hardware accessories should be finally installed, and the door and window locks, handles, etc. should be assembled after the door and window sashes are in the frame to ensure accurate positions and flexible switches.
6. Pay attention to maintenance after installation of metal stamping parts to prevent rust erosion. In daily use, lightly close and lightly open to prevent hard closing and hard opening, which may cause damage. No noise, now there are nylon wheels, which are not only noiseless, but also smoother, lighter, and have no shorter lifespan than the aforementioned pulleys. To make the doors and windows operate normally and smoothly, it is necessary to choose high-quality pulleys for the doors and windows. On the surface, the inferior pulleys have rough workmanship, no smoothness, and inflexible sliding.Read More →
First, the main equipment of sheet metal processing manufacturers
1. Sports equipment: ordinary drill, cleaning car, conversion bed, numerical control (CNC).
2. Cutting equipment: ordinary shift, CNC tilt, laser cutting machine, CNC punch.
3. Surface treatment equipment: The motor consists of electrical, electrolyte shell, oxidation through wire, color.
4. Adjust the equipment: Customize the equipment.
5. Welding: argon arc welding machine, carbon dioxide shielded welding device, electric welding machine and automatic welding machine.
Laser cutting is a metal plate made by laser cutting, and the plate thickness processed cold plate hot rolled plate is less than or equal to. 0 mm, less than 10.0 mm for stainless steel. The advantages are the thickness of the machined plate, the cutting and machining flexibility of the workpiece. The disadvantage is that it cannot be processed, the mesh is not suitable for processing, and the computing power is high.
From the above characteristics of precision plate processing, it can be seen that compared with positive materials, calendered materials have a greater price advantage. Although there are still gaps between the quality of calendered materials and positive materials, these gaps are gradually narrowing with the improvement of calendering production process and production technology, which are also welcomed by downstream end users.
Generally speaking, stainless steel cold-rolled materials are mainly used in civil industry. In order to maximize profits, downstream enterprises must control production costs. The price difference between the stainless steel material and the narrow strip just provides a living space for the stainless steel narrow strip industry.Read More →
MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT: We treasure our technical knowledge and overall capabilities ･As a press and forming machine manufacturer with full-understanding of mass production, ･ As a precision metal component manufacturer well acquainted with optimal production facilities and methods, ･ As an assembly machine & ...Read More →
1. Structure of metal stamping die
The structure of metal stamping die can generally be divided into upper die and lower die. The upper die is composed of a die handle (punch handle), a guide sleeve, a punch, a backing plate, a fixing plate, a screw, a pin, an upper die seat (upper support), and a stripping plate. The lower die is generally composed of a lower die base, a guide plate (side guide plate), a concave die, a baffle plate, a material bearing plate, a guide post, a screw and a pin.
1. The above is an ordinary blanking die, the product is a rectangle with three small round holes punched in the middle;
2. The blanking and punching composite punch is a cuboid, and its function is to blank and remove the shape of the product from the material. The blanking and punching compound punch is also surrounded by knife edges, which are equivalent to punches, so these four sides cannot be chamfered. There are three small round holes in the middle of the blanking and punching compound punch. These three small round holes belong to the knife edge. That is, punch out the three round holes in the middle of the product.
3. There is a square hole in the middle of the concave template, which belongs to the knife edge. The blanking punching compound punch is used as a punch to punch out the shape of the product; The inner unloading plate, marked as “unloading block” in the picture, actually means the same thing. The function of the unloading block is to push the product out of the concave formwork; After the material is pressed, punch the three small round holes in the middle.
4. The “top-type punch” marked in the picture is actually a punch, which punches out the three small round holes on the intermediate product with the three circular knife edges on the blanking punching compound punch.
5. The function of the “fixed key” on the bottom plate of the lower die is to fix the blanking punching composite punch, so as to prevent it from jumping out of the die with the upward movement of the die, resulting in an accident.
6. The “discharge plate” marked on the lower die is commonly known as external release. Its function is to release the punched waste from the blanking punching compound punch, so as to prevent the waste from being stuck on the blanking punching compound punch.
2. What are the categories of metal stamping dies?
Stamping die parts are usually divided into two categories, one is process parts, which directly participate in the completion of the process and have direct contact with the blank. Contact only plays a role in guaranteeing the completion of the process of the mold, or perfecting the function of the mold, including guiding parts, fastening parts, standard parts and other parts. It should be pointed out that not all dies have the above-mentioned six parts, especially single-process dies, but working parts and necessary fixed parts are indispensable.Read More →
1. The raw materials do not meet the standard.
Raw material is the first guarantee for processing qualified stamping parts. If the raw material hardness and surface quality cannot meet the requirements, the scrap rate of stamping parts will be too high. Especially for some stamping parts with large deformation, if the raw materials are not qualified, cracks and damage will occur. Therefore, when purchasing raw materials, we cannot be greedy for cheap, but look for reliable and regular raw material business.
Second, the die is not installed as required.
The installation of the molding die does not meet the requirements of the specification, resulting in poor cooperation between the upper die and the lower die in the die, resulting in a high rejection rate. Stamping die is the basis of stamping parts processing. Installation is important if there is no problem with the mold. Don’t think that the installation of stamping die is very simple, even a small error may cause the production of stamping parts to be scrapped. The determination of the concentricity, clearance and flatness of the upper and lower dies has an important influence on the installation of the punching die.
Third, mold wear.
Long-term use of stamping dies, worn or loose parts can also cause product scrap. Many stamping plants do not carry out routine inspection and maintenance after installing production molds. Only in the case of relatively large burrs, the mold can be removed and the blade can be simply sharpened. We know that mold wear is not only the wear of the blades, but also causes the wear of some mold parts with use. After such parts are worn, it will affect the accuracy of the entire mold.
4. Illegal activities of workers.
When operating the press, the staff cannot follow the instructions, otherwise the paper will be fed incorrectly.
5. Wrong positioning device.
Due to the inaccuracy of the mold positioning device during the feeding process, it will cause improper coordination of each process, and even cause waste.
For metal stamping parts, since each stamping part requires different stamping parts, there must be specific reasons and specific analysis methods. If the scrap rate of stamping parts is too high, you might as well find out the reasons from these five aspects.
However, the precision requirements of metal punching and drawing parts in the processing industry are often very high, and the requirements for suppliers are also getting higher and higher. However, not all metal stamping factories meet the high precision requirements. Problems that should be paid attention to in the production of die castings:
1. Regularly check the punch, punch and punch mounting seat to ensure the same accuracy of the upper and lower turntables.
2. Metal stamping parts should be strictly cleaned before installation and use. On stamping parts, carefully check that the guide sleeve and die are well lubricated.
3. In order to ensure the drawing and pressing of the parts, the die spring should be replaced regularly to prevent the fatigue damage of the spring and affect the use of the drawing and pressing parts.
4. When installing the die, the stamper should use metal working tools to prevent damage to the stamping parts due to impact and extrusion during the installation process.
5. After the punch and punch edges of stamping parts are worn, they should be stopped and polished immediately. Conversely, edge wear will expand rapidly, die wear will accelerate, and stamping quality and die life will be shortened.
6. According to the installation steps of the die, install the punch and punch on a turntable to ensure that the punch is in the same direction. In particular, the hole punch should be installed strictly according to the orientation to prevent wrong installation and reverse installation.
6. How to calculate the scrap rate of stamping parts
1. The calculation method is as follows:
a. Calculated by weight Casting scrap rate = (casting scrap output / total casting output) X100%
b. Calculated by quantity Casting scrap rate = (number of scrap castings / total number of castings) X100%
2. Scrap Rate, Scrap Factor
The probability that a component will become defective while it is being used to make the parent. The same component may have different scrap rates when used to produce different parent items, so the scrap rate is defined in the bill of materials. When MRP uses the BOM to expand the POR (planned order issuance) of a material to calculate the GR of its components, it will be divided by (1-scrap rate) to expand the GR (total demand) of the components.
The above is the relevant content of the high scrap rate of metal stamping parts and the scrap rate of stamping parts. Qualified products should be strictly regulated. Only by ensuring product quality, stamping parts manufacturers can stabilize the source of customers and go further. Hope the above content is helpful to readers.Read More →
1. Selection of drawing die materials
1. The selection of stamping and drawing die materials should consider the batch production of the workpiece. If the batch is small, there is no need to choose a mold material with a long life; the material of the stamping workpiece should also be considered, and the mold materials suitable for different materials are also different.
2. For stamping and drawing dies, wear resistance is an important factor determining the life of the die. The wear resistance of steel depends on the state of hard spots such as carbides and the hardness of the matrix. The higher the hardness of the two, the higher the number of carbides, the better the wear resistance.
3. The advantage of poor wear resistance of commonly used stamping die steel is carbon tool steel – alloy tool steel – base steel – high carbon and high chromium steel – high speed steel – steel bonded carbide – carbide.
4. The selection of the drawing die material must consider the thickness, shape, size and precision requirements of the workpiece.
Well, the above is related to the selection of stamping and drawing die materials. I hope the above content can help readers.Read More →
Under what circumstances do you need to increase or decrease the blanking gap value when processing stamping parts?
In the process of stamping parts, under what circumstances should the blanking gap value be appropriately increased or decreased? The following Zhejiang Baifudu Electromechanical editor will take you to understand!
Under the same conditions, according to different quality requirements of parts and the production practice of stamping parts, the pressure gap can be appropriately increased compared with the blanking gap.
When punching punching parts (generally, the hole diameter is smaller than the material thickness), the punch is easy to break, and the gap should be large; but at this time, effective measures should be taken to prevent the waste from rising.
The gap of the cemented carbide punching die should be about 30% larger than that of the steel die. When the wall of the convex and concave die of the composite film is thin, in order to prevent expansion and cracking, according to different product quality requirements, the gap of the punching die should be enlarged. With the increase of the silicon content in the medium, the gap increases correspondingly, and the enlarged gap is determined by experiments.
When the elastic pressing device is used for stamping parts, the gap can be larger. According to the actual application of different elastic pressing devices, when measuring the increased gap and high-speed stamping, the mold is easy to heat up, and the gap should be increased. If the number of trips per minute exceeds 200, the gap should be increased by about 10%. When EDM the edge of the die, the effect of the metamorphic layer should be considered in the gap. When heating and punching, the gap should be reduced, and the amount of gap reduction should be measured according to the actual situation. When the concave die is an inclined-wall cutting edge, the clearance should be smaller than that of the straight-wall cutting edge. For holes that need to be tapped, the clearance should be smaller, and the amount of clearance reduction is determined by the actual situation.Read More →
Deep drawers are manufacturing processes that are widely used in sheet metal forming in cup or box like structures. Pans and pans used for cooking, containers, sinks, car parts such as panels and oil tanks are some of the items that are made with sheet metal drawn deep. It is sometimes referred to as a drawing process and should not be confused with the drawing process of bulk deformation discussed previously. A basic deep stretching operation can be to form a flat surface into a 3-D cup or a box. Deep drawing parts are not limited to circular or square shapes, more complex outlines are possible. However, as complexity increases, manufacturing becomes rapidly more difficult. Ideally, the shape of a deep drawing should be as simple as possible. In the deep drawing process of primary sheet metal, the workpiece will have a flat base and straight walls.Read More →
Although it can be modified to make specific parts, our in-depth drawing process usually follows the same five steps: 1. Design review: Our engineers review the part of the design in detail to ensure that it is suitable for deep drawing. This includes in-depth analysis of component dimensions, materials, stretch ratios, and required tolerances. .
2. Press selection: Our engineers decide which machine size and caliber is most suitable for the size and material of the parts. .
3. Virtual 3D prototype: Use virtual software to create the prototype of the part. Before the production process begins, the prototype needs to capture any design problems through a large number of operational simulations. .
4. Equipment setup: Our skilled engineers review the size and requirements of the components, and set the mold and punch. .
5. Drawing process: Place the metal plate or metal blank on the die and fix it. Then start the press and press the punch against the die with a force of up to 400 tons. Repeat this process until the part reaches the required size and shape.Read More →
Ultra-deep drawing Press Processing 1.All-in-one horizontal pipes and covers. 2.all-in-one formation from a single sheet using ultra-deep drawing press processing technology unique to China Balford. 3.reduced costs through the elimination of pipe processing and soldering. [gallery ...Read More →
Stamping parts are mainly formed by stamping with the help of metal or non-metal plates under the action of a press. The main features are as follows:
1. Main features of stamping parts
(1) Stamping parts are made by stamping when the consumables are small. The parts are light in weight and good in rigidity. After plastic deformation, the internal structure of the metal is improved, and the strength of the stamping parts is significantly improved.
(2) The dimensional accuracy of the stamping parts is high, the size of the stamping parts is uniform with the same die, and the interchangeability is good. General assembly and use requirements can be met without machining.
(3) During stamping and forming, since the surface of the material is not damaged, the surface quality is good, and the appearance is smooth and beautiful, which provides convenient conditions for surface treatment such as spraying, electroplating, and phosphating.
Dies used for stamping parts are usually specialized. Sometimes, a complex part requires several sets of molds to machine and shape. In addition, the mold manufactures high-precision, technology-intensive products. Therefore, only large-scale production of stamping parts can fully reflect the advantages of stamping processing, so as to obtain better economic benefits. However, there are also some problems and deficiencies in the stamping process. It is mainly manifested as noise and vibration during the stamping process, and operator accidents often occur. However, these problems are not entirely caused by the stamping process and the die itself, but are mainly caused by traditional stamping equipment and backward manual operations.
In the stamping production process of the metal stamping factory, our dies have life after repeated processing losses, so what are the main factors affecting the life of the die?
Second, the main factors affecting the life of the die
1. Forming: During the use of the stamping die convex and concave die, the shape deformation occurs, which changes the geometric shape of the processed product parts, thereby affecting the dimensional accuracy and shape requirements of the processed parts. This situation is just the opposite of the fracture situation, mainly because the quenching hardness of the convex and concave dies is not enough during heat treatment, or because the quenching hardness layer is too shallow, the convex and concave dies are geometrically deformed when they are stressed.
2. Broken: The convex and concave die are suddenly damaged, broken, and cracked during use. Since the die is the part of the die that is subjected to high die pressure during the punching operation, the die protrusion will break during the punching process. The main reason is: improper heat treatment (the quenched hard layer is too deep), such as If the design gap is too small, it will cause the mold to bulge and the die to be damaged, broken and broken. Punch and concave dies are broken, and some are partially damaged, which can be used after repairing, while some are damaged to a large extent or cannot be repaired.
3. Wear: The die is raised, and the wear caused by frequent friction between the die and the processing material for a long time. Therefore, the long-term friction between the convex and concave dies between the materials to be processed results in a large number of and long-term punching, so that the burr of the punched parts is too large (the gap is too large), and the gap between the convex and concave dies is too small. The main reason for the wear of convex and concave molds. For example, the convex and concave die edges become blunt, and the edges and corners become gardens.
4. Bite: The gap between the convex and concave dies is unevenly adjusted and assembled, and the adjacent edges of the convex and concave dies bite each other, resulting in gnawing on the edges of the convex and concave dies. If the position of the convex and concave dies is deviated during assembly, the gap is not uniform, and when the unguided die is installed, the gap between the convex and concave dies is not adjusted properly, causing bulges and the concave dies to bite and damage each other.
The above is the relevant content of metal stamping mold processing. Due to the guarantee of the mold in the metal stamping process, the size and shape of the metal stamping parts can reach the effect of micron precision, and in many cases, the surface quality of the stamping parts will not be damaged, so that the characteristics of the metal stamping parts become stable and interchangeable. Hope the above content can be helpful to readers.Read More →
Whether it is from the quality, packaging and supply of stainless steel hardware products, or the research and development and extension of stainless steel hardware tool products, it is unanimously praised and praised. The development advantages of domestic stainless steel hardware tools, the production centers of multinational stainless steel hardware companies have been transferred to China, allowing domestic stainless steel hardware tools to provide a basis for the market.
It is often used in modern hardware processing and manufacturing. In the traditional processing industry in the past, the processing method of die punch was mainly used to process the hardware. According to the shape required by the customer, the mold is opened, all the molds are evenly installed on the punching machine, and the workpiece is formed at one time by the large punching force. This method is suitable for large-scale hardware production, and the speed is very fast, and it only needs to be stamped once to form. However, this method of processing also has disadvantages. For example, there are a lot of burrs in the stamped workpiece. For example, mold making and mold maintenance cost a certain amount of cost and development cycle.
With the continuous development of current laser technology, hardware has gradually begun to be widely used in laser cutting for processing. The use of laser cutting machine to process hardware avoids the cost of molds and effectively improves the quality of cutting. The shape and size of the workpiece to be cut can be drawn with CAD drawings, and then written into the equipment program, and the shape required by the workpiece can be quickly cut.
Compared with laser cutting, stamping also has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that the punch is not limited by the mold, one punch can be equipped with multiple sets of molds, and the speed of one punch is also very fast. The disadvantage is that the punch is very limited by shape, format, material and thickness. Therefore, the use of punching machines to process workpieces and sheet metal with simple shapes has great advantages.
Because the laser cutting machine has fast cutting speed, large production volume, short production cycle, good cutting quality, no deformation during processing, no mold opening, no wear, labor cost saving, no shape restriction, high degree of automation, suitable for all metal materials The laser cutting method is called a technological revolution in sheet metal processing in the industry, and it is also widely recognized by the sheet metal processing industry. At present, the metal sheet is as thin as 1mm and as thick as more than 50mm, and the metal laser cutting method is widely used. At the same time, metal laser cutting machines are also developing in the direction of high power, which means that the future metal laser cutting field will be more suitable for thick metal processing and higher-speed metal laser processing.
In the context of Made in China 2025, the sheet metal processing industry is also transforming and developing in the direction of high efficiency and high quality. Metal laser cutting technology is in line with this characteristic, so its wide application in the sheet metal processing industry has promoted the rapid development in the past five years. High-precision, high-speed, laser cutting technology makes sheet metal processing products higher in quality and efficiency!Read More →