What matters should be paid attention to in the process of mold processing?
- Precautions for precision mold processing
1. The process is concise and detailed, and the processing content is expressed numerically as much as possible.
2. For the key and difficult points of processing, the process should be particularly emphasized.
3. Combination processing is required, and the process is clearly expressed.
- When inserts need to be processed separately, pay attention to the process requirements of processing accuracy.
5. After combined processing, the insert parts that need to be processed separately shall be the benchmark requirements for separate processing of process installation during combined processing.
6. Springs are the most easily damaged in mold processing, so choose mold springs with long fatigue life.
7. High machining accuracy requirements: a pair of molds is generally composed of concave molds, punches and mold bases, and some may also be multi-piece assembled modules. Therefore, the combination of the upper and lower molds, the combination of the insert and the cavity, and the splicing between the modules all require high machining accuracy. The dimensional accuracy of precision molds often reaches μm level.
8. Complex shape and surface: For some products such as car covers, aircraft parts, toys, and household appliances, the shape of the surface is composed of a variety of curved surfaces, so the mold cavity surface is very complex. Some surfaces must be processed mathematically.
9. Small batches: The production of molds is not mass production, and in many cases only one batch is produced.
10. There are many processes: various processes such as milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping are always used in mold processing.
11. The use of repeated production molds has a lifespan: when the use of a pair of molds exceeds its lifespan, a new mold must be replaced, so the production of molds is often repetitive.
12. In the production of profiling molds, there are sometimes neither drawings nor data, and profiling should be performed according to the actual objects. This requires high imitation precision and no deformation.
13. Excellent mold material, high hardness The main material of the mold is mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the long-life mold, which is often made of ledeburite steel such as Crl2 and CrWMn.
The above are seven aspects that need to be paid attention to in the process of precision mold processing, so that we can produce high-quality molds, and at the same time, we must meet the processing requirements as much as possible in the selection of machine tools, such as the function of the CNC system should be strong, the machine tool precision should be high, The rigidity is better, the thermal stability is better, and it has the function of profiling.