What problems should be paid attention to in the production process of metal stamping parts?
- Precautions for the figure of metal stamping parts
1. Wrinkles on the side walls of the parts: The main reasons for the wrinkles on the side walls of the parts are insufficient material thickness (thinner than the minimum allowable thickness) or eccentricity when installing the upper and lower molds, resulting in a large gap on one side and a small gap on the other side. Precautions are to replace the material immediately and readjust the mold.
2. Scratches on stamping parts: The main reason for scratches on parts is that there are sharp scars on the mold or metal dust falls into the mold. The preventive measures are to grind the scars on the mold and clean the metal dust.
- Cracking at the bottom of the part: The main reason for cracking at the bottom of the part is because the material has poor plasticity, or the mold blank holder is pressed too tightly. The preventive measure is to replace the material with better plasticity or loosen the blank holder.
4. When the punch and die edges of stamping parts are worn, they should be stopped immediately to avoid sharpening, otherwise it will rapidly expand the wear degree of the die edges and accelerate the wear of the die, thereby reducing the quality of the stamping parts and the life of the die.
5. Metal stamping parts should be strictly inspected before installation and use, the dirt should be cleaned, and the guide sleeves and molds of drawing stamping parts should be carefully checked for good lubricity.
6. When installing the mold, the stamping personnel should use soft metal to manufacture operating tools to prevent damage to the stamping parts when knocking and crushing during the installation process.
7. Regularly check the turntable of the punch press and the die mounting base of the stamping parts to ensure the coaxial accuracy of the upper and lower turntables.
8. According to the installation procedure of the die, install the convex and concave die on the turntable to ensure that the direction of the convex and concave drawing stamping parts is consistent, especially the stamping parts with direction requirements, to prevent installation errors and reverse installation.
9. In order to ensure the service life of the drawing parts, the die spring should be replaced regularly to prevent the fatigue damage of the spring from affecting the use of the drawing parts.