What are the requirements for die processing of metal stamping parts?
stamping parts are mainly formed by stamping with the help of metal or non-metal plates under the action of a press. The main features are as follows:
1. Main features of stamping parts
(1) Stamping parts are made by stamping when the consumables are small. The parts are light in weight and good in rigidity. After plastic deformation, the internal structure of the metal is improved, and the strength of the stamping parts is significantly improved.
(2) The dimensional accuracy of the stamping parts is high, the size of the stamping parts is uniform with the same die, and the interchangeability is good. General assembly and use requirements can be met without machining.
(3) During stamping and forming, since the surface of the material is not damaged, the surface quality is good, and the appearance is smooth and beautiful, which provides convenient conditions for surface treatment such as spraying, electroplating, and phosphating.
Dies used for stamping parts are usually specialized. Sometimes, a complex part requires several sets of molds to machine and shape. In addition, the mold manufactures high-precision, technology-intensive products. Therefore, only large-scale production of stamping parts can fully reflect the advantages of stamping processing, so as to obtain better economic benefits. However, there are also some problems and deficiencies in the stamping process. It is mainly manifested as noise and vibration during the stamping process, and operator accidents often occur. However, these problems are not entirely caused by the stamping process and the die itself, but are mainly caused by traditional stamping equipment and backward manual operations.
In the stamping production process of the metal stamping factory, our dies have life after repeated processing losses, so what are the main factors affecting the life of the die?
Second, the main factors affecting the life of the die
1. Forming: During the use of the stamping die convex and concave die, the shape deformation occurs, which changes the geometric shape of the processed product parts, thereby affecting the dimensional accuracy and shape requirements of the processed parts. This situation is just the opposite of the fracture situation, mainly because the quenching hardness of the convex and concave dies is not enough during heat treatment, or because the quenching hardness layer is too shallow, the convex and concave dies are geometrically deformed when they are stressed.
2. Broken: The convex and concave die are suddenly damaged, broken, and cracked during use. Since the die is the part of the die that is subjected to high die pressure during the punching operation, the die protrusion will break during the punching process. The main reason is: improper heat treatment (the quenched hard layer is too deep), such as If the design gap is too small, it will cause the mold to bulge and the die to be damaged, broken and broken. Punch and concave dies are broken, and some are partially damaged, which can be used after repairing, while some are damaged to a large extent or cannot be repaired.
3. Wear: The die is raised, and the wear caused by frequent friction between the die and the processing material for a long time. Therefore, the long-term friction between the convex and concave dies between the materials to be processed results in a large number of and long-term punching, so that the burr of the punched parts is too large (the gap is too large), and the gap between the convex and concave dies is too small. The main reason for the wear of convex and concave molds. For example, the convex and concave die edges become blunt, and the edges and corners become gardens.
4. Bite: The gap between the convex and concave dies is unevenly adjusted and assembled, and the adjacent edges of the convex and concave dies bite each other, resulting in gnawing on the edges of the convex and concave dies. If the position of the convex and concave dies is deviated during assembly, the gap is not uniform, and when the unguided die is installed, the gap between the convex and concave dies is not adjusted properly, causing bulges and the concave dies to bite and damage each other.
The above is the relevant content of metal stamping mold processing. Due to the guarantee of the mold in the metal stamping process, the size and shape of the metal stamping parts can reach the effect of micron precision, and in many cases, the surface quality of the stamping parts will not be damaged, so that the characteristics of the metal stamping parts become stable and interchangeable. Hope the above content can be helpful to readers.