Pay attention to 9 major issues when designing precision stamping dies
As an important tool in the process of stamping production, stamping die has its own characteristics. When designing stamping dies, stamping processing plants need to consider from a scientific and reasonable perspective to improve the service life, durability, production efficiency, reduce production costs and ensure product quality. Balford Precision Stamping – With 20 years of experience in customized processing of stamping parts, various complex precision stamping products can be customized according to customer needs. Then, what should we pay attention to when designing the mold? Balford Precision Stamping will tell you next.
- In mold design, the selection of mold materials, heat treatment and surface treatment.
- Strip design is the analysis of the product forming process, which basically determines the success of the die.
Before designing the material belt, we need to know the tolerance requirements, material properties, punching tonnage, punching table, SPM (times of punching per minute), feeding direction, feeding height, die thickness requirements, material utilization rate and die service life of the parts. When designing the tape, CAE analysis should be carried out at the same time, mainly considering the material thinning rate, and more communication with customers.
- When testing the mold, make sure to slowly close the upper mold. During the stretching process, make sure to use the fuse to test the material layer thickness. When the material level gap reaches the material thickness, try the die again, and the blade must be aligned first. For drawbead, use a movable insert to adjust the height of the drawbead. After the mold is matched, the datum hole and datum plane must be measured on the fixture, or sent to CMM for 3D report.
- For parts with more bending, the bending shall be adjusted step by step according to the process during die adjustment.
- When adjusting the forming angle, you can reduce the R angle or move the polyline reference during the bending process to reach the forming angle.
- During die adjustment, the gasket is mainly used to adjust the height of the forming punch, or move the forming punch from left to left. Washers are usually stainless steel hardware.
- For trimming line affected by forming, cutting shall be selected after forming, and special position can be realized by cross cutting.
- For multiple datum hole locations, the method of one-time punching forming shall be adopted to avoid affecting the accuracy after step-by-step punching.
- For product fracture, a variety of methods can be used, such as adding packaging, extruding, and increasing the forming area of plate bar and opening in the late stretching process. CAE analysis shall be carried out after mold modification.