What is the reason for the bursting of metal stamping parts? How to choose the design and processing materials of the stamping die?
- Analysis of the reasons for the bursting of metal stamping dies
1. Unsmooth blanking
In production, there is no demagnetization treatment and no demagnetization phenomenon; in production, there are card materials such as broken needles and springs; when assembling the mold, there is no leakage, rolling and blocking, which is a common phenomenon. If you do not pay attention during the assembly process, if there are too many blanking holes or mold jams, air leakage, rolling blockage and foot blockage are prone to occur during the assembly process. This is a common phenomenon. It can easily happen if you don’t pay attention during the assembly process, and it can easily happen if there are too many blanking holes or when the mold has spacers.
2. Design process.
The strength of the die is not enough, the distance between the knife edges is too close, the structure of the die is unreasonable, the number of templates is insufficient, and there is no pad foot.
3. Heat treatment: improper quenching and tempering process leads to deformation.
The experimental results show that the hot working quality of the mold has a great influence on the performance and service life of the mold. Through the analysis and statistics of the causes of mold failure, it can be seen that mold failure accidents caused by improper heat treatment account for about 40%.
4. Inappropriate wire cutting.
Improper handling of ground wire cuts and kerf seams has no effect on the deteriorating layer of clean corners and wire cuts. The die blade is mainly processed by wire cutting. During the wire cutting process, due to the thermal effect and electrolysis, a metamorphic layer of a certain thickness is formed on the surface of the die, which leads to the reduction of surface hardness and the generation of microscopic cracks, etc., which makes the wire cutting die prone to early wear, which directly affects the maintenance of the blanking gap and the cutting edge. It is easy to chip and reduce the life of the mold. Therefore, during wire cutting, a reasonable electrical gauge should be selected to reduce the depth of the metamorphic layer as much as possible.
5. Select punch equipment.
The tonnage of the punching machine is large, the punching force is not enough, and the adjustment under the die is too deep. The accuracy and rigidity of the punching machine are very important to the service life of the punching machine. High precision, good rigidity, and greatly improved mold service life. For example, the composite silicon steel mold material Crl2MoV, used on an ordinary open press, has an average service life of 1-30,000 times, and after using the new precision punch, the regrinding life of the mold can reach 60,000-120,000 times.
In addition, the production awareness of metal stamping operators is also very important. If the positioning is not in place, without the use of a blow gun, the template will crack and continue production. How to choose stamping die processing materials?
2. How to choose stamping die processing materials?
1. In the production batch, when mass-producing stamping parts, the die punch and die material should be selected from high-quality and wear-resistant die steel. Other process structural components and mold auxiliary structural components also need improvement. When the batch is small, the performance requirements of the material can reduce the cost.
2. The performance of the stamping parts, the use conditions of the stamping parts, when the material processed by the stamping parts is hard or the deformation resistance is large, the convex and concave dies of the stamping die are made of materials with good wear resistance and high strength. The aluminum bronze die has better adhesion resistance, so brushed stainless steel can be used. However, the guide column sleeve requires wear resistance and good toughness, so mild steel is mostly carburized and hardened. The main disadvantage of carbon tool steel is poor hardenability. When the section size of the stamping part is large, the center hardness after quenching is still low. . For fixing plate and stripping plate, it not only has sufficient strength, but also requires less deformation during the working process. In addition, the performance of parts can also be improved by cold and cryogenic treatment, by vacuum treatment and surface strengthening. For the cold extrusion die with harsh working environment of the convex and concave die, a die steel with sufficient hardness, strength, toughness, wear resistance and other comprehensive mechanical properties is selected, and it also has a certain red hardness and thermal fatigue strength.
3. Material properties, considering the cold and heat treatment properties of the material and the status of the factory.
The above is related to the selection of metal stamping dies and materials. More processing methods are used in metal processing. In the production of metal stamping parts in daily die processing, attention should also be paid to the quality of the product and whether there are errors in actual production to avoid metal stamping. The processed product is defective or of substandard quality. Hope this article can be helpful to readers.