What are the influences of the design structure of the stamping die on safety?
- Main components, functions and safety requirements of the mold.
The convex and concave molds in the workshop generally refer to the working parts that directly shape the blank, because they are the key parts in the mold. The convex and concave die are not only precise and complex. It also needs to meet the following requirements:
(1) The convex and concave die should have sufficient strength and will not be broken or damaged during stamping.
(2) The material and heat treatment should have appropriate requirements, which can prevent brittle cracking caused by excessive hardness.
1. Positioning parts positioning is the parts that determine the installation position of the blank, including positioning pins (plates), stopper pins (plates), guide pins, guide plates, fixed-distance side knives, side pressure plates, etc. When designing the positioning parts, the convenience of operation should be considered, and there should be no over-positioning and easy-to-observe positions. It is best to use forward push position, outline positioning, guide pin positioning, etc.
2. Pressing, discharging, pressing edge of discharging parts, pressing plate, etc.
The blank holder can apply blank holder force to the drawn blank, which can effectively prevent the blank from arching under tangential pressure and causing wrinkles. The function of the platen is to prevent the blank from moving and rebounding. The function of the stripper and the stripper plate is to facilitate unloading and cleaning of waste. The supporting device is spring, rubber and air cushion push rod, which can move up and down. The unloading device should machine the closed place or milling groove to the working position as much as possible. There should be protective plates around the exposed discharge plate to prevent fingers from entering, foreign objects entering, and the exposed surface should be blunt.
- The guide post and guide sleeve of the guide part are one of the most widely used guide parts. Its function is to ensure that the convex and concave molds have precise matching clearances when punching. Therefore, the gap between the guide post and the guide sleeve should be smaller than the blanking gap. The guide post is set at the lower die position to ensure that the upper end of the guide post is at least 5-10mm at the top of the upper die plate. The guide posts should be positioned away from the modules and clamps so that the operator’s arm does not need to feed material through the guide posts.
4. Support and clamping parts include upper and lower templates, molds, convex and concave mold fixing plates, backing plates, limiters, etc. The upper and lower formwork is the basic part of the stamping formwork, and other parts are installed and fixed separately. The plane size of the template, especially the front and rear directions, should meet the requirements, too large or too small is not conducive to use.
Some molds (blanking, punching, etc.) need to install a backing plate under the mold base to facilitate the production of parts. At this time, it is best to use screws to connect the gasket and the template, and the thickness of the two gaskets should be absolutely equal. The spacing between the pads should be based on the capability of the part. Not too big so as not to damage the template.
5. Fasteners include screws, nuts, springs, pins, washers, etc., usually using standard parts. Stamping dies have a large number of standard parts. When designing and selecting, ensure that the fasteners and elastics are pushed out to avoid exposing the fasteners to the surface in the operating position and to prevent contact and obstruction of operation.
2. Safety points in mold design
Structurally, it should be ensured as much as possible to feed, set, discharge and clean up waste. When processing small parts, it is forbidden for the operator’s fingers, wrists or other parts of the body to extend into the mold. For the processing of large parts, when the operator must carry the mold, the scope of the mold should be minimized, and the length of the mold in some parts of the body should be shortened as much as possible. Dwell time, define the scope of the danger zone of the mold, and be equipped with the necessary protective measures and equipment.
In the process of use, each part of the mold should have sufficient strength and rigidity to prevent damage or deformation, and the fasteners should take anti-loosening measures to avoid accidental injury to the operator.
In the process of processing, there should be no phenomenon such as scraps, workpiece missiles, etc., which will affect the operator’s attention and even cause the operator to be injured. In addition, in order to avoid cutting the hands from the burrs of the blanking parts. When the operator is punching, there must be no too much movement range to avoid losing the stable position of the body. At work, too many or too difficult movements are not allowed. During processing, strong noise and vibration should be avoided as much as possible. The mold frame design should show the mold weight on the general drawing for easy installation and safety. For parts weighing more than 20kg, loading and unloading measures should be taken to reduce labor intensity. The mold loading and unloading parts should be convenient and safe to avoid the possibility of hands, cutting hands and other phenomena. Molds should be easy to disassemble and assemble. In conclusion, even a very small mold problem can affect the safety of the mold, and the safety precautions in the mold can only be put forward after analyzing the specific problems of each job.
The relevant content of the above stamping die design will involve many aspects, not only to meet the processing requirements of customers, but also to consider its performance and processing characteristics. Of course, security is also an important factor that cannot be ignored. Hope the above content is helpful to readers.