The basic characteristics of stamping die processing
First, the basic characteristics of stamping die processing
1. The requirements for machining accuracy are relatively high. A pair of molds is generally composed of a punch and a die base. Of course, it may also be a multi-piece splicing module. Therefore, the combination of the upper and lower molds, the inserts and the cavity. Combinations and combinations between modules require high machining accuracy. The dimensional accuracy of precision molds usually reaches μm level.
2. The shape and surface are complex. For some products, such as car covers, aircraft parts, toys, and household appliances, the surface shape is composed of various curved surfaces, so the surface of the mold cavity is very complex. Some surfaces have to be processed mathematically.
3. Small batches, the production of molds is not batch production, and in many cases it is often only produced once.
4. There are many processes, and mold processing always needs to use various processes such as milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping.
5. Repeated production, the use of molds also has a lifespan. When the use of a pair of molds exceeds its life, it needs to be replaced with a new mold, so the production of molds is often repetitive.
6. For profiling, there is no pattern or data in the mold production process, and profiling needs to be performed according to the actual object. This requires high imitation precision and no deformation.
7. The mold material is excellent and the hardness is high. The main material of the mold is mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the long-life mold, which is often made of Crl2, CrWMn and other ledeburite steel. This type of steel has strict requirements from blank forging, processing to heat treatment. Therefore, the preparation of processing technology cannot be ignored, and heat treatment deformation is also a problem that needs to be taken seriously in processing.
According to many of the above characteristics, the selection of machine tools should meet the processing requirements as much as possible. For example, the function of the numerical control system should be strong, the machine tool should have high precision, better rigidity, better thermal stability, and a profiling function.