First, the treatment method of mold deformation
1. Reasonable selection of materials. For sophisticated and complex molds, micro-deformation mold steel with good material (such as air-quenched steel) should be selected. For die steel with serious carbide segregation, reasonable forging and quenching and tempering heat treatment should be carried out. For larger and unforgeable die steels, a solution double refinement heat treatment is performed.
2. The mold structure design should be reasonable, the thickness should not be too great, and the shape should be symmetrical. For large deformation molds, the deformation law should be mastered, and machining allowance should be reserved. For large, sophisticated and complex molds, a combined structure can be used.
3. Precise and complex molds should be pre-heated to eliminate residual stress during processing.
4. Reasonable selection of heating temperature and control of heating speed. For sophisticated and complex molds, balanced heating methods such as slow heating and preheating can be used to reduce heat treatment deformation of the mold.
5. On the premise of ensuring the hardness of the mold, try to use pre-cooling, graded cooling quenching or warm quenching process.
6. For sophisticated and complex molds, vacuum heating and quenching and cryogenic treatment after quenching should be used as much as possible.
7. For some sophisticated and complex molds, pre-heat treatment, aging heat treatment, and quenching and tempering nitriding heat treatment can be used to control the accuracy of the mold.
8. When repairing defects such as mold blisters, pores, and wear, use repair equipment with small thermal shocks such as cold welding machines to avoid deformation during the repair process.
In addition, correct heat treatment process operations (such as hole plugging, tying holes, mechanical fixing, appropriate heating methods, correct selection of the cooling direction of the mold and the direction of movement in the cooling medium, etc.) and reasonable tempering heat treatment process also reduce accuracy and Effective measures for complex mold deformation.Read More →