Material selection and characteristics and advantages of stamping die
- Material selection of stamping die
The material types of stamping dies include steel, cemented carbide, steel-bonded cemented carbide, zinc-based alloys, low melting point alloys, aluminum bronze, polymer materials, etc. At present, the materials of stamping die are mainly steel, low alloy tool steel, high carbon and high chromium, medium carbon alloy steel, high speed steel, basic steel, hard alloy, steel bonded hard alloy, etc.
The material of the stamping die should have high hardness, strength and wear resistance, but also need appropriate toughness and high hardenability. In order to ensure the service life of mold products, it is necessary to select raw materials according to the use of molds, stress conditions, production batches, production efficiency and working conditions.
Second, the characteristics and advantages of stamping die
1. The number of parts completed by the stamping die per unit time is several times, even hundreds to thousands of times that of the general processing method. In addition, a set of dies can be stamped to further improve production efficiency.
2. The products produced by stamping die have the characteristics of stable quality, strong mechanical properties, compact structure, good interchangeability, good wear resistance, convenient maintenance and mass production.
3. The material utilization rate of the stamping die is high, and various layout methods such as cross, oblique, multi-row, mixing, and nesting can be adopted, which can reduce the cost of product materials.
4. Under normal circumstances, there is no need to heat the material during the stamping process, which not only saves energy, reduces the occupation of heating equipment and venues, but also avoids the oxidation, burns and deformation of the product surface caused by heating.
5. Stamping dies are widely used, which can solve the operations that cannot or are difficult to be completed by general processing methods, and are especially suitable for the processing of thin, soft, difficult and micro parts.
Finally, the processing process of stamping dies is very simple, the technical requirements for operators are not high, and the labor intensity is low. After receiving short-term job training, workers can start to operate. And during the operation, the basic movements of the workers are the same and are not affected by the complexity of the product.